Question Intel i7 - 7700 CPU running at 100 degrees Celsius.

Amatex

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2013
Hey all ,
So I have a i7 7700 CPU and according the the bios it is running at 100°c and my computer keep restarting after I hit the shutdown button.
We have tried replacing the PSU and graphics card which no help , I'm assuming it's either the motherboard or the CPU.

I live in Australia it started when we had 40°c + temps and 8t was in a super hot room
Other specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
GPU: Nvidia geforce gtx 1080
PSU: Thermaltake smart 750W

Amatex

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2013
Hey all ,
So I have a i7 7700 CPU and according the the bios it is running at 100°c and my computer keep restarting after I hit the shutdown button.
We have tried replacing the PSU and graphics card which no help , I'm assuming it's either the motherboard or the CPU.

I live in Australia it started when we had 40°c + temps and 8t was in a super hot room
Other specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
GPU: Nvidia geforce gtx 1080
PSU: Thermaltake smart 750W

Also i will I have tried unplugging everything including the Cmos battery for 10 minutes with no luck as well

Amatex

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2013
So the computer is about a 3 years old.
And it was new when I brought it.
And I meant the shutdown button within the windows start menu but it also happen when I hit the power button on the computer case as well,
However If I hold the power button down for about 3 to 5 seconds after shut down it sometimes will shut down and wont turn back on again.

Jan 3, 2020
Is it possible the reset or power button is broken and when you press it maybe it’s sticking so it keeps restarting and shutting down. Maybe disconnect the power button from the motherboard and jump the wires instead of using the button I’m not sure where those wires are but I’m sure one of the more advanced tech guys here know

TRENDING THREADS