Question Intel i7-8700 runs at 95C temp when idle ?

Dec 5, 2023
Hello,

I recently started experiencing some lagging and troubleshooting it I noticed that the CPU temperature runs close to 100C on all 6 cores. I replaced the fan and reapplied the cooling thermal paste. I removed both panels to give it more air and even plugged in an outside fan to cool the CPU even more.

After all this, the temperature still stays at 95C and above. I am very confused. I do not have any software or games running. The 6 cores are less than 5% loaded each according to the the Core Temp app.

oTGjls.jpg

Any ideas what else can be going on? How should I address this issue?

Thank you.

Dec 5, 2023
The stock sink and the brand new fan that I just put in today (Thermaltake Riing 12). The computer is CyberPower PC. I am not sure what the brand of the sink is.

Here is a picture of it:
Tm9AeZ.jpg

Assorted AIO Pumps fail with alarming regularity, be those failures a variety of actual internal micro-fin fouling with hard water deposits/gunk, or microleaks, etc...

(A hot line and a cool line indicate largely stagnant water, with zero actual pumping occurring; no one expects a quick trip thru a radiator to bring water from 80-90C back down to room temps, do they? :)

Nov 30, 2023
when your cpu is 90+ please touch every part of your cooller
usually, cpu got very high every part of the cooler will got a high temp too, or that means something is wrong about your cooler. so you have to check the speed of the pump,silicone grease,cpu fan