[SOLVED] Intel i7-8700k 4.8ghz 1.28v Stable? Benefits? Cons Pros?

Sep 26, 2018
Ran IntelBurnTest on standard said it was stable
Ran Prime95 (old version) for about 30min before I got bored

Temps are around 63-79c but sometimes spikes to about 80-85 then just jumps right back down
Anything other programs I should use before I determine its stable?

Extra Questions:
Will using 4.8ghz compared to 4.5ghz have any noticeable effect on gaming?
By how many years will it lower the lifetime of the cpu?

Extra info:
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: 2080 ti
MB: Arorus Gaming 7
RAM: 16gb of hyperx fury
PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+

Solution
You should be fine but not a huge difference in frames. If, somehow, you got perfect scaling with clockspeed (which you normally don't) then a 6% overclock would be 106fps instead of 100 fps.

Lutfij

Titan
Often times benchmarks can go on for hours until you fire up a game or an app that sends your system to a BSOD. If you're happy with the volts/settings and the clocks on your CPU, then fire up a game of your choosing and see if you're seeing any hiccups. I'm sure you can cut down on the voltage a little.

Sep 26, 2018
Often times benchmarks can go on for hours until you fire up a game or an app that sends your system to a BSOD. If you're happy with the volts/settings and the clocks on your CPU, then fire up a game of your choosing and see if you're seeing any hiccups. I'm sure you can cut down on the voltage a little.
Yeah, I literally fired up ark survival evolved right after I benchmarked and ran it on epic settings. No hiccups and it was running extremely smooth.

Should be fine though right? I see people talking about running like 5 programs to make sure its stable. I know I could cut down on the voltage a little perhaps down to 1.27v, but I've spent the whole weekend overclocking and don't wanna put more time in to make sure a new overclock is stable.
Also this overclock shouldn't really cut down on the life time by a lot right?