Question Intel i7 9700k and i9 9900k hot temps with corsair h100i AIo cooler.

May 20, 2020
Hello all, I recently purchased a new PC. It is the first PC that I have build from scratch. Currently, I have an Intel i9 9900k cooled by a corsair h100i AIO water cooler. An EVGA RTX 2080ti, 32Gb corsair vengeance RGB pro 3000 ram. A Samsung 970 m.2 ssd all mated to an ASUS tuf gaming z390 motherboard, powered by an EVGA 650 Watt power supply. Originally I had an i7 9700k installed but got terrible overheating issues as well as instability. I figured that I just got a bad chip and returned it to best buy and bought the 9900k. The CPU is running at 45 degrees idle and around 80 under load. Is this normal? I feel like with the corsair cooler it should not be running so hot. Some things that I have already done are reapplying the thermal paste. Making sure that the cooler is seated properly on the CPU, I can confirm that the pump is working and I have 2 LL RGB series fans on the radiator as well as 5 other LL RGB series fans around the case. One weird thing I have noticed is that the ASUS board is pushing quite a lot of power to the CPU. On idle right now I am getting 1.3 - 1.38 volts. Under load I see it get up as high as 1.41. I have tried turning it down by inputting a manual voltage in the bios but it doesnt seem to cool it down too much and also caused stability issues. Is there anything else I could be missing?

May 20, 2020
What is the type of load, and what kind of temps were you getting with the 9700K? Because under all core load, a 9900K can definitely get that hot, if not hotter, under a 240mm AIO.
The 9700k would thermal throttle at 100C while playing games like modern warfare. The 9900k reaches 80-85 using the stress test on intel extreme tuning utility and upwards of 95 when running cinebench. Would a tripple 120mm rad be better for the 9900k? my liquid temps never seem to get that high. Max ive ever seen them is 40 but they usually stay around 30-35

May 20, 2020
95 in cinebench is definitely high, what case do you have it in, and how are the fans layed out?
its a coolermaster, im not sure what specific model. Its a fairly beefy mid tower case. I have 1 fan exhausting out the rear. 3 exhausting out the top(2 of which are for the radiator) and 3 intakes on the front. Slightly negative pressure but plenty of airflow. I have a bunch of temp probes connected to my corsair commander pro and inside the case under just by the radiator is reading 30 degrees