Question intel i7-9700k only running 3 cores?

May 13, 2020
I just finished building my new PC and purchased an i7-9700k to go with it. I noticed how its only running on 3 cores and was wondering how to boost it more?

I have checked my BIOS and Device manager and they both show 8 cores.
When I go to msconfig to enable more cores, it only has a max of 3? Also, inside my task manager it says 3 cores and 3 logical processors.

This is also my first time overclocking a processor and was thinking I may have done something wrong.

Specs:
intel i7-9700k (cpu)
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (mobo)

Try going back onto msconfig and place number 1 and then untick it
8liSfUF.png

May 13, 2020
Try going back onto msconfig and place number 1 and then untick it
8liSfUF.png
I unclicked the number of processors, thinking it was still locked from the old processor I had (4 cores).
I went to restart my computer and now Im getting constant BSOD errors. I reset my bios settings back to default but it still wont start.

system_thread_exception_not_handle
tcpip.sys

I unclicked the number of processors, thinking it was still locked from the old processor I had (4 cores).
I went to restart my computer and now Im getting constant BSOD errors. I reset my bios settings back to default but it still wont start.

system_thread_exception_not_handle
tcpip.sys

When google tcpip says this but have you done a cmos reset or maybe there something is wrong with the cpu but do not know how to fix your blue screen now. I changed something last month with mconfig and changed it back to 1 and unticked it and nothing like this happened.

The Tcpip. sys Blue Screen of Death error is among the more common of Blue Screen errors. The Tcpip. sys is a driver file is associated with the Transmission Control Protocol over Internet Protocol and you could get this Blue Screen error if this file goes corrupt.

May 13, 2020
When google tcpip says this but have you done a cmos reset or maybe there something is wrong with the cpu but do not know how to fix your blue screen now. I changed something last month with mconfig and changed it back to 1 and unticked it and nothing like this happened.

The Tcpip. sys Blue Screen of Death error is among the more common of Blue Screen errors. The Tcpip. sys is a driver file is associated with the Transmission Control Protocol over Internet Protocol and you could get this Blue Screen error if this file goes corrupt.
Any idea how I could fix this? I cant get on the computer so Im not sure how, even when I boot into safe mode. I also turned off the onboard wifi when In BIOS