So I recently upgraded to a i7-9700k. However, when I initially installed the part, my PC would freeze at random points before logging me in, before eventually completely freezing up and forcing me to restart. I eventually realized that this was because my BIOS needed to be updated-- which is fine, and I did update it. However, after the update, I opened up BIOS to see that my clock speed was stuck at 0.80 (or 0.79 sometimes). So I tried many, many things. Turning off speedstep technology, using OC Genie and XMP, resetting BIOS settings to default, even throttlestopper. Nothing is working. I really need help.
- Intel i7-9700K @ 3.6Ghz
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200MhZ RAM.
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition (I haven't upgraded in a while, don't judge)
- Corsair VS 400 W 80+ Certified PSU
- MSI Z390-A PRO Motherboard
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition