[SOLVED] Intel i7-9750H

Aug 18, 2019
Laptop Specs:
Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH
Intel i7-9750H
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti Max-P
Samsung 8x2 16gb RAM

Laptop CPU TEMP is really high, 95c full load so decided to repaste the thermal paste for both, GPU and CPU, the GPU is fine no issues about it. just the CPU even though I repasted, which I used Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Paste, still the CPU hovers around 90 to 95c full load. even playing esport games such as Valorant. temps went down when using throttlestop undervolted the device to -141.6mv that's the highest I can reach.

Planning to do Liquid Metal Modding done reviews with it, and already purchased the Conformal Coating from Thermal Grizzly, because the results on most YouTuber or reviewers is amazing, - 20c plus the undervolt I know it won't get that high it depends on the Unit that I have at least I can manage to get -10c to -15c

Without Undervolt:
CPU TEMP: 40c to 50c idle temps 90 to 95 when half or full load

With undervolt:
40 to 50c idle temps 75c to 88c

any idea how to use the throttle stop what I only did is just undervolt did not touch other stuff since I mainly use XTU.

and when I check the temps is it normal that the temps from 40 to 50 idle jumps to 90c suddenly when doing a stress test for less than a sec?

Solution
Got a store link you can post? Otherwise I'll have to post a few more, which still may not be available for you.
Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano
Prolimatech PK-3
Gelid GC-Extreme
Arctic Silver 5

Kryonaut is actually worse for laptops.
1)It's viscosity is lower than Hydronaut, which is about the same as NT-H1.
2)It expires faster under elevated temperatures(around 80C). The stuff is already expensive per gram - you don't want to be doing more frequent repastes.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
NT-H1 not very good for laptop applications. Reason: low viscosity combined with the smooth surface of a bare silicon die, the size of said die(smaller), and high thermal cycles. It was prone to getting pushed off the die.
NT-H2 has higher viscosity and is better for this.

Well, you're already planning to try liquid metal - good luck - but the above is why NT-H1 wasn't working so well.

Reactions: LeviTech
Aug 18, 2019
NT-H1 not very good for laptop applications. Reason: low viscosity combined with the smooth surface of a bare silicon die, the size of said die(smaller), and high thermal cycles. It was prone to getting pushed off the die.
NT-H2 has higher viscosity and is better for this.

Well, you're already planning to try liquid metal - good luck - but the above is why NT-H1 wasn't working so well.

Any other Paste Brand that you can recommend, it's quite hard to get a branded Paste for laptops. is the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or Hydronaut any better?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Got a store link you can post? Otherwise I'll have to post a few more, which still may not be available for you.
Prolimatech PK-3
Gelid GC-Extreme
Arctic Silver 5

2)It expires faster under elevated temperatures(around 80C). The stuff is already expensive per gram - you don't want to be doing more frequent repastes.

Solution
Aug 18, 2019
Prolimatech PK-3
Gelid GC-Extreme
Arctic Silver 5

Currently, located in the Philippines, how about Artic MX-4? is it good?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
MX-4 also appears to be vulnerable to pump out(basically paste getting pushed off the surface) like NT-H1 in the video above. It's ideal to use thicker or high viscosity pastes in laptops because they have higher resistance to pump out.
This is an older list(NT-H2 not listed), but pastes farther down the list will be better for the laptop:
ssuhj8Mcq6B2vASzBmR8CZ-2560-80.png