[SOLVED] Intel I9-10920x Benchmarking Below spec

May 19, 2020
Afternoon all, long time lurka first time post. I've recently just built myself a new gaming system and chose the I9-10920x from a well know site with a preset overclock to 4.4gig.

Now this is where it gets strange and I'm hoping its something really simple, I ran a 3dmark bench like we all do and once compared with others with the same system, my cpu is performing around 50% below two others testers and i think i can see why.

Under 'Physical/ Logical processors' other peoples stats show 1/24 and mine shows 1/12, is my Cpu throttling itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
reset /default your BIOS settings, do a fresh install (was this a 'swap CPU and mainboard from an earlier build and reboot' scenario?), and load all the correct chipset drivers?
May 19, 2020
Hi Faalin, In the BIOS the hyper threading is enabled and in brackets says software controlled, Guess I need some software from Asus for my Strix 299-E board to enable it.

May 19, 2020
Just a little update, the BiOS shows the correct CPU installed but when I load into windows it shows a 6 core 12 thread which funnily enough was my old cpu type. food for thought.