[SOLVED] Intel I9 9900k CPU running very hot!

Feb 10, 2019
Hello everybody! I’ve come here in desperation for some help and guidance.
So I recently built a gaming rig no more than 2 weeks ago and I have been measuring my hardware performance as I am gaming and noticed if I play any games that are even remotely demanding in any way, my CPU temp will hover around the 90 degree Celsius mark. Under no load, my temps look around in the low 30s. My CPU is not overclocked and to my knowledge CPU cooler and fans are all installed correctly.
My current set up is:
Intel i9 9900k
ASUS Strix Z390 MB
Cooler master ML240L
And 32 GB of ram.
My case also has 3 intake fans built in and 1 exhaust.
My cooler is mounted on top of the case for additional exhaust pulling heat out.

I recently purchased a new cooler the Corsair H150i for some addition cooling power and an opportunity to re-apply thermal paste.

All of this hardware cost me a pretty penny for sure and really don’t want to damage anything when it can be fixed early.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Solution
Some Z boards may push the all core turbo a bit aggressively, and up the voltage at the same time.

A good and safe way to keep temperatures in check if your CPU is on the brink of overheating is to Disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS/UEFI. (Press F2/Del at boot up)

kgt1182

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Some Z boards may push the all core turbo a bit aggressively, and up the voltage at the same time.

A good and safe way to keep temperatures in check if your CPU is on the brink of overheating is to Disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS/UEFI. (Press F2/Del at boot up)

Solution