Intel i9 Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
+1000%, minimum..... IF you switched from a Pentium T2310 to an i9-7900X :lol:

In all seriousness though... It depends entirely on the CPUs you're comparing & the workloads they're being compared for.

Take gaming as an example, switching to an i9 from a modern i7-7700K or 8700K, and you're likely losing performance in that given workload.

Productivity that benefits more from cores than clockspeed, could well be +50% or more.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
+1000%, minimum..... IF you switched from a Pentium T2310 to an i9-7900X :lol:

In all seriousness though... It depends entirely on the CPUs you're comparing & the workloads they're being compared for.

Take gaming as an example, switching to an i9 from a modern i7-7700K or 8700K, and you're likely losing performance in that given workload.

Productivity that benefits more from cores than clockspeed, could well be +50% or more.

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
By and large the main difference between i9 and i7 from the same generation is that the i9s had more cores. If whatever application(s) you use can take advantage of all those cores, then the performance increase is roughly proportional to the core count difference. If not, then the performance difference is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.