Intel icon disappeared from system tray -- skylake i5 on windows 10

shmu26

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
I used to see the intel HD graphics control panel icon in the system tray.
now I don't see it anymore.
But if I start it up manually, it works just fine.
Is this normal behavior?
I do not have discrete graphics.

Solution
from right click on date and time, I chose "customize notification icons", and I discovered that Windows is not obeying what it says over there.
for instance, I have igfxTray.exe (that's the intel GUI I was talking about) set to on, and it does not show.
I have "safely remove hardware..." set to off, and it shows.
EDIT: when right clicking on the intel icon, I don't see any option there about showing icon in system tray.

Dikyashi

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
Hi Right Click on date and time (right side below) then go to properties ,you should see the system icon,Try turning the one you require to on .Also if that does not work then open intel hd graphics.You will get a icon below on the tray right click on that and choose the option to appear on system tray

shmu26

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
from right click on date and time, I chose "customize notification icons", and I discovered that Windows is not obeying what it says over there.
for instance, I have igfxTray.exe (that's the intel GUI I was talking about) set to on, and it does not show.
I have "safely remove hardware..." set to off, and it shows.
EDIT: when right clicking on the intel icon, I don't see any option there about showing icon in system tray.

Solution