Intel Insider to Succeed Otellini as CEO Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Surprising, many times corporations seem to pick from a "royalty" of CEOs outside the company. Good to see people who help get the company where it is today will get the spot.

G

I would suggest an outsider, Hector Ruiz seems like a man for the job.

G

High Margin CPUs are a thing of the Past, ARM has the power to get the Job done, why Pay Chipzella prices to get the job done, APUs based on ARM and Better graphics GPUs than Intel can make will win the low power race! Better Start leasing some of that foundry Production to pay for those pricey Fabs upkeep, before the rest of the industry catches up! Maybe Apple will send a little business your way, but do not bet on getting your products into low power affordable tablets, as tablet affordable CPUs do not have the same Margins as PCs! You won the x86 wars, but now the Industry is about to 86 the x86! Chipzellas need lots of food to survive, but the little ARM mice can live on crumbs!

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Surprising, many times corporations seem to pick from a "royalty" of CEOs outside the company. Good to see people who help get the company where it is today will get the spot.[/citation]
Intel apparently has always picked CEOs from within the company...and they're usually the CTO/COOs. Otellini was CTO i think, i remember Chris A. writing that once...

Status
Not open for further replies.