Question Intel Internal GPU & GTX-1070 GPU issues

Eathan Elf

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Hi. I have a GX63VR 7RF MSI Laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 630 internal chip and and NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 block/card inside. i7-7700HQ-2.80GHz (Kaby Lake). Newly Installed Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)(2018)- Problems are that first, my second monitor is not being recognized (HDMI). Driver version that OS puts there is 25.20.100.6373. Device manager update shows it to be already the best driver installed. Intel Driver Support Assistant shows an update is available and that driver is 25.20.100.7158 which is DCH and that doesn't fix recognition of 2nd monitor either. MSI site has Intel HD Graphics Driver as OEM 23.20.16.4849 which after installed still did not detect 2nd monitor.
All of these drivers were tried by first using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) then installing.
None of these drivers show any problems in Device manager when installed. Tried windows key + P and chose duplicate. 'Display' in settings + clicking 'detect' says only one monitor attached. Monitor and cable are fine as they work on my other machine and they worked in the past with the OEM drivers.
What actualy activates it? Is it drivers (or motherboard)? The Motherboard is MS-16P1.

Second problem is I am getting "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" by the GTX 1070 (in Device Manager). Games are not seeing it {"An integrated intel graphics card has been selected as active DirectX 11 renderer.} and Dragon Center info is showing fan running but shows GPU at 0%. MSI site has NVIDIA Graphics Driver Version 388.16 (26.21.14.3630 ) which isn't activating it. Availability=offline/Status unknown. GeForce Experience installed 436.30 Game Ready Driver and still nothing (except Intel Driver Support assistant is now showing running at full power; Dragon Center showing gpu 0%-fan running with two games running). FurMark GPU benchmark tester only detects the intel 630. It seems like this machine must need certain drivers in order for the video and sound to work properly.

What are the drivers that came with this machine and is there a way for me to obtain them? There was no backup ever made so there wasn't one given to me. If possible I need to add any programs and utilities it came with like it was when it was new since surely alot of things were changed when changing the OS.

Thanks in advance for solution to these issues.

Last edited:

Eathan Elf

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
You should only be installing drivers from your laptop's support page.

Try these to see if it resolves your issues. If you're unable to install these because others are installed, remove them first.

-Wolf sends
-----------------------------
I updated both and also uninstalled the onboard and gtx-1070 drivers with DDU and reinstalled them (ones from MSI site). Also updated to latest win 10. Still the HDMI isn't being recognized for second monitor. Games still don't see the GTX-1070 and it has the exclamation point by it and reported problems in device manager.
Not sure what to do now.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Right-click anywhere on your desktop and open up the NVidia Control Panel (Let me know if this isn't an option).
Under the Display tree, the last option should be Set Up multiple displays. If you click on that, do you see multiple displays?

-Wolf sends

Eathan Elf

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
It shows no other displays connected. The machine used to make a noise then show on 2nd monitor duplicate of main screen (I had damaged main screen and it wasn't replaced yet)until I changed the resolution then that screen went to no signal. After I fixed main screen I had no ability to see 2nd monitor and nothing was detected. I clean installed Win10 1809 and installed latest drivers for both intel and nvidia and tried the OEM ones from the MSI site and it didn't solve the issue either. I then updated using the winupdate to the 1903 and still no go. I am at a loss as I know at least the HDMI 2nd monitor should work ... device manager shows no issues and everything else is fine... just no 2nd monitor. TV and cable are fine as I have used them on another machine recently. I am at a loss here cause I need the 2nd monitor to work and am getting nowhere.