Intel Invents A New Calendar, Replaces Christ With Centrino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted the whole "BC" idea is a man made calendar (God doesn't need calendars as He is timeless), I'd still say it's a joke that walks a fine line. Especially one being made in such a broad public forum.

I think the not so subtle reference to Jesus Christ with their "BC" statement is very prideful. Perhaps Intel's ego is getting to big for itself...

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]His name is Eden, more like the Beeaatch that snarfed the red apple.[/citation]

Eden is the place where Adam and Eve lived. Eve is the woman in which you are refering with your colorful language.

tagasur

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
..they teach religion differently in texas, just so you know where warezme learned it. i live here, so i know what kind of a back-country, bible-thumping, conservative and subtly segregated republican state this is. gawd, i wish california, massachussetts or new york would invade texas, but who would want a state full of idiots, the president included?

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I thought it was funny. Some of you need to stop being so fearful of god, if he does exist I'm sure he's not terribly offended right now, and he's not going to burn down your house for laughing.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
How long until the Christians come out of the wood works to complain how this is an insult and affront to their faith? Especially being so shortly after criticizing Muslims over their outrages over portrayals of their faith. So much for tolerance. (Sorry, just a side thought.)

----------------------------------------------
Anyway...

I didn't go into work last week here in Wisconsin and the weather got cooler and less humid over the weekend. Then I went back to work and its muggy and hot again. My going to work must be causing it to get hot and muggy - so if you live in Wisconsin and want to keep cool this summer, send me money so I won't need to go into work! (I'll stop when I reach $5k.)

Seriously, how foolish do they think we are that we don't understand false claims of causality? Perhaps - just perhaps - there is another reason that notebook sales are increasing? Dropping price? Increased performance? Better portability? Naaaaaaah... couldn't be.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Theo, you know what Eden meant. You're deliberately trying to rile people with that title. Please take your FUD and your "reverse hyperthreading" back to the Inquirer.

Flamebaiting is bad enough in the forum, it is really inappropriate for the frontpage of a respectable site.

Does BoM really stand behind this type of journalism?

silversound

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
Does not deserve the name change
Not really a big difference for laptops, just faster FSB and memory and some little things.
Not a revolutionary stage like the core2, just a marketing stategy try to stimulate sale in my opinion.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]Eden is the place where Adam and Eve lived. Eve is the woman in which you are refering with your colorful language.[/citation]
That is major win right there.

krowbar

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Enough with the religious superstitions! It is the year 2008, and people still believe in myths and stories produced over 2000 years ago. There is no gods nor souls.

drrich2

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
"There is no gods nor souls."

So, your faith-based declaration that there is no God is expected to carry more weight than the faith-based declarations of others that there is? It's your right to believe as you wish, but it sounds like you expect others to cast down their beliefs - not much tolerance or respect communicated there.

While the egotistical promoting of Intel's product is tacky to say the least, the willingness to thumb their nose at Christian's with their 'little joke' is rather offensive.

You'd think if people were going to be Godless they could leave the subject matter (i.e.: references to God and Christ) alone, but sadly it seems that's just not the case. Witness all the people spewing out 'Oh my ...!' when their presentation/comportment & gross disrespect suggest they have no God.

I suspect many atheists can get through their day without hacking people off with such comments as Intel's guy made.

Richard.

G

I think he just means in the year 2000 before centrino came out. Not 2000 years before centrino.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
LOL just a dumb joke. Why risk alienating some of your customer base? Personally, I don't care, but I'm sure some people would get offended.

blackz06vette

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Is it just me, or does it appear that the writing in red has been added to the images. I am refering to the "00?", "5AC?". and "8AC?". It appears this way because the photos change zoom (that's why the backdrop changes in size) while those lines of text don't change in size.

So if we take out everything in red, all the references to a new calender are gone. The only thing left is 2000 BC (Before Centrino). The rest of the hype appears to be by the author of this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.