Intel Invests in Touchscreens Against Apple, Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Once again Intel is trying to save the PC industry just like the efforts they provided in designing the Ultra books. It happens when the majority of large PC makers lack the effort to challenge the Apple hardware ecosystem.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]why cant we invest in wacom like touch screens for a mobile device. i would so pay money for one.[/citation]

The Wacom type screens are the only ones I really care about having on a device larger than a smartphone. I actually own an X201T with that technology, and use it daily at work for taking notes.

[citation][nom]twelch82[/nom]The Wacom type screens are the only ones I really care about having on a device larger than a smartphone. I actually own an X201T with that technology, and use it daily at work for taking notes.[/citation]

That's why I'm looking forward to the Surface Pro. I use my iPad to take notes right now and it's mediocre due to the lack of the active digitizer.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]why cant we invest in wacom like touch screens for a mobile device. i would so pay money for one.[/citation]

That would be very nice, probably just too expensive for mass production.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
LOL.... all this talk about supply for touch-based Windows.

Then the shock when very few people are actually buying them!

Very few people are making use of touch-screen desktops. Its a gimmick for the first 1-3 weeks and then its back to the mouse. Two friends bought such things for their home.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

It really depends on who uses the touchscreen and why. I personally use the mouse more often, but a quick jump to a different monitor could help. As for my kids and less tech savy friends/family, they would love the ease of touchscreens for some applications/games.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
As much as Intel has been the giant in the processor market, it's nice to see them battling it out and making things more competitive in a market where they are not the dominant player.

I can't complain...I think competition is a good thing. The more people fighting in the market, the better the products and prices will be (hopefully).

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Intel should have invest in software development for driving high AI intelligent for day to day casual use & speech recognition that make heavy use of their CPU to absolute accuracy.

they can easily stop the PC industry bleeding to mobile market, if Desktop computer are "Intelligent enough & have insane accurate speech recognition"

I am stilling waiting for a viable way to getting rid of Keyboard and mouse.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
What partners? Who wants to make crapphones with huge x86 CPUs? Maybe they'll have fans too to blow hot air during cold winter nights while talking on the phone.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Intel should have invest in software development for driving high AI intelligent for day to day casual use & speech recognition that make heavy use of their CPU to absolute accuracy. they can easily stop the PC industry bleeding to mobile market, if Desktop computer are "Intelligent enough & have insane accurate speech recognition" I am stilling waiting for a viable way to getting rid of Keyboard and mouse.[/citation]

Dude, smartphones and tablets are not replacing desktops and laptops. That's a ridiculous claim!

G

Where I can invest money apple or intel where can get more money through share market

Status
Not open for further replies.