News Intel Ireland Cost Cutting Drive: 2,000 Employees Offered Unpaid Leave

Oct 13, 2022
If they cared about retaining their employees - they could offer 3 months leave at half pay.

I am guessing they are not that interested in retaining these 2000 employees. The ones they want to retain will not be offered unpaid leave.

D

Deleted member 14196

If they cared about retaining their employees - they could offer 3 months leave at half pay.

I am guessing they are not that interested in retaining these 2000 employees. The ones they want to retain will not be offered unpaid leave.
This. The ones they have offered the leave are probably going to be fired anyway at some point.

this is merely the writing on the wall to let them know to go get new jobs on their three months off

kjfatl

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
I worked for a company who's business was somewhat seasonal. They did this every year with production workers. Many of the older workers actually loved this, not much different that school teachers who have the summer off. Most of those taking leave were the older workers, allowing space for the younger workers with young families to have continual employment.