Intel: Japan Crisis Won't Hurt Chip Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]Japanese don't like FPS but they still managed to rate Quake 8.9/10[/citation]

Haha! I get that, but at the same time I feel bad about laughing about it..

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]Japanese don't like FPS but they still managed to rate Quake 8.9/10[/citation]
Might want to be careful with the jokes. Someone here might have lost somebody in this catastrophe.

shak2300

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Might want to be careful with the jokes. Someone here might have lost somebody in this catastrophe.[/citation]

i agree with you there +1

m0j0j0j0

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
how about bringing some intel plants over to the USA!! we could use an economic boost, some job openings... c'mon
i'd apply if intel was hiring here in michigan !

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i would have laughed but japanese authority have reevaluated the quake to be a 9 =[

fullofzen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I'm less concerned about chip shortfalls (the production of which Intel claims seems dispersed) than I am about capacitor shortfalls. The cougar point recall has left motherboards in short supply on its own; I'd look to a hold in the production of the high-quality caps produced in Japan to make P67 boards even more precious than they are now, reducing the potential for price drops over the next few months...

They're talking about power outages in Tokyo -- complete black outs. This is a huge problem that doesn't sound like it's solved easily. We're talking about one or two plants that are being completely wrecked by the use of corrosive seawater as coolant. You don't replace that kind of capacity over night.

In other words, what radiation might not do -- power shortages will.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
You know what. My immediate concern is not chip production, but rather what's what's being done to help the Japanese victims who've just had their world turned upside down. As if an earthquake and tsunami wasn't enough, they're now facing the threat of nuclear catastrophe.

Intel, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?

http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html
http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-Now/Make-a-single-donation/Japan-Tsunami-Appeal
http://www.redcross.org/

xambron

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]You know what. My immediate concern is not chip production, but rather what's what's being done to help the Japanese victims who've just had their world turned upside down. As if an earthquake and tsunami wasn't enough, they're now facing the threat of nuclear catastrophe.Intel, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.htmlhttp://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate- [...] ami-Appealhttp://www.redcross.org/[/citation]
Yeah, I'm in America and I could less about chip production. My i7 920 is suiting me fine, let's help those who can't even use a processor right now.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]m0j0j0j0[/nom]how about bringing some intel plants over to the USA!! we could use an economic boost, some job openings... c'moni'd apply if intel was hiring here in michigan ![/citation]

Um... They employ people in the US in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Washington, and Utah...

fullofzen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]xambron[/nom]Yeah, I'm in America and I could less about chip production. My i7 920 is suiting me fine, let's help those who can't even use a processor right now.[/citation]

I would bet you a million dollars that the Japanese would love nothing more than for us to worry about when they're going to be in good shape to sell us stuff again...

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]burodsx[/nom]Um... They employ people in the US in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Washington, and Utah...[/citation]

Actually, we employ people in all 50 states. We have at least 1 sales office in each. We also employ people in more than half the countries on Earth.

"Intel, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?"
Well, the employees themselves have already contributed almost a million dollars, and the company will match our funds dollar-for-dollar. Not to mention we have nearly 1000 Intel volunteers with boots on the ground over there trying to help wherever they can.

The better question is, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Actually, we employ people in all 50 states. We have at least 1 sales office in each. We also employ people in more than half the countries on Earth. "Intel, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?"Well, the employees themselves have already contributed almost a million dollars, and the company will match our funds dollar-for-dollar. Not to mention we have nearly 1000 Intel volunteers with boots on the ground over there trying to help wherever they can.The better question is, what humanitarian assistance are you offering?[/citation]
How is that a better question over a Companies action to a disaster such as this? It's great to hear Intel doing as you say though, but I'd like to ask;
As a potential Intel employee, are you offering the same assistance?

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Intel is the last thing on peoples mind relating to Japan's disaster...So why the BS news? Who gives a Sht about Intel right now?

hector2

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
[citation][nom]m0j0j0j0[/nom]how about bringing some intel plants over to the USA!! we could use an economic boost, some job openings... c'mon I'd apply if intel was hiring here in michigan ![/citation]
Wake up. Most of Intel's high tech chip fabrication is done right here in the US with its biggest plants in Oregon, Arizona & New Mexico. Massachusetts has one has well. Oregon alone has about 18,000 employees. Calif has the headquarters and some development.

Status
Not open for further replies.