Question Intel KF version to save £30 ?

peachy_29

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
I know the only difference is the KF versions don’t have integrated graphics so should I save myself £30 and get that ?

Jul 19, 2018
The "F" chips are basically regular chips but they basically exist because Intel wanted to alleviate its shortage of 14nm chips (regular chips)

While you might want to get one because they are cheaper and you want to save money
However, you actually are getting less. While they are basically identical to their regular counterparts, they don't have integrated graphics because Intel intends its users to pair it up with a dedicated GPU. An F chip apparently has better overclocking performance though

However, IMO, you should probably stay with a regular version because the price of F chips will probably decrease again. For example, quite recently Intel announced a price cut for the F chips. That means if you buy one now, you would probably pay more compared if you buy it again later.

So if you're planning on buying a CPU now, it's better to stick with a regular K instead of a KF.

Additionally, you have the advantage of integrated graphics in case something goes wrong, such as your GPU dying

It depends.

CPUs "F" are CPUs with a defect that Intel can ignore because it affects the part dedicated to integrated graphics and disables it.

In my opinion with an "F" CPU, I probably have less luck in the "silicon lottery".

Now on Amazon I5-9400 194 pounds I5-9400F 134 pounds. As this is a blocked CPU that does not support OC you can have the confidence that it will work correctly and the difference is worth it.

I5-9600KF I5-9600K 226 pounds I5-9600KF 215 pounds. The difference is not worth it. And less if you plan to do OC

TRENDING THREADS