News Intel Launches 13th-Gen Mobile With 5.6 GHz 24-Core i9-13980HX, HX, H, P, and U Series

Those "mobile" H SKUs will use more power than the 5800X3D in a desktop machine; holy hell xD

This makes me believe AMD just needs to slap some VCache onto Dragon Range and have a field trip in mobile. Let Intel claim the "threaded" crown with the Cinebench Accelerators (I read this nickname for the E-cores elsewhere and made me laugh xD) and destroy them on gaming performance and power.

Interesting times ahead for mobile! I'll be really interested in seeing how the i5's on mobile perform compared to whatever AMD will put out, as that is the price range most people would be in the market for: $800-$1500K. Or so I believe?

Regards.

Reactions: salgado18

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Those "mobile" H SKUs will use more power than the 5800X3D in a desktop machine; holy hell xD

This makes me believe AMD just needs to slap some VCache onto Dragon Range and have a field trip in mobile. Let Intel claim the "threaded" crown with the Cinebench Accelerators (I read this nickname for the E-cores elsewhere and made me laugh xD) and destroy them on gaming performance and power.

Interesting times ahead for mobile! I'll be really interested in seeing how the i5's on mobile perform compared to whatever AMD will put out, as that is the price range most people would be in the market for: $800-$1500K. Or so I believe?

Regards.
Yes, except AMD is not held back by technology, but by business. Zen 2 was already more power efficient than Raptor Lake, but vendors keep using mostly Intel for some reason. I think the details would be hard to find for us on the outside, but to see so many thin-and-light laptops and convertibles using power-hungry Intels is surely sad. (The Asus Zenbook S with an i7 switches all work to E-cores after a long use, I bet a Ryzen 5000 would perform a lot better: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-zenbook-s13-flip-oled)

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022

Regards.
I think I heard Buildzoid say sth along those lines.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I've been waiting for Intel to launch their 13th gen mobile CPUs. Hopefully the launch would make previous gen products cheaper. Preferably 8th gen ones.