Intel liable for civil actions?

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Maybe AMD will finally get some compensation for what Intel's illegal actions which happened in 2005. I don't think Intel should be the only company responsible. The companies that took the "bribes" should also be punished as well. Let's see what happens.

I agree that any of the OEMs that were in on this should take some sort of punishment for it but they wont.

Somehow they will get away scot free. Then again thats if EVERYTHING AMD claims is true, which still begs the question of how AMD came to get this information. As well Intel states they have certain evidence clearing them of the charges.

As for the civil suit, I am sure you will see plenty of money grubbers jump on who had no real after effects of what the fine is about. Companies that are not even in the x86 desktop market. Will be fun watching them try to tear Intel into nothing but little do they know in the end it will affect us consumers because Intel will have to find a way to make up for all the money loss such as cutting plenty of jobs (isn't that the opposite of what we want right now??) and raising prices of their products.

psylos

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
The fine is 1.06 billion euros = $1.44 billion. Intel so far has failed to persuade Korean and Japanese anti-trust commities for not using anti-competetive policies and has been ruled fines in these countries as well... So I guess it will fail once again to prove itself inocent...

You know that every country has different laws right? That there might be different things done in Korea, Japan and Europe.

And you are probably right. Considering the biggest fact that the EU wont even take it, probably because they don't want to give back that much cash. That amount of money is the same as a small country.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Dell should get done !!! After all, their machines are even worse after they had their alleged rebates removed.

Dell had as much to play in this as much as Intel, but I dont see many people jumping up about on this..