News Intel Low-power Chips Hit by New Security Flaw

These low power embedded systems are EXTREMELY Niche. I know I looked at them as a possible pfSense device. But they were fabricated on 14nm and Intel was in a supply crunch for 14nm so production was EXTREMELY limited as profits were not to be found in this super low end. UEFI updates for existing devices are extremely unlikely.

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
These low power embedded systems are EXTREMELY Niche. I know I looked at them as a possible pfSense device. But they were fabricated on 14nm and Intel was in a supply crunch for 14nm so production was EXTREMELY limited as profits were not to be found in this super low end. UEFI updates for existing devices are extremely unlikely.
don't underestimate the number of budget laptops/embedded products. Furthermore a security update is the least Intel could do to resolve this issue, you can't let a loopehole like this go unnoticed without the general public starting to blame Intel for not doing a security patch.

InvalidError

Titan
don't underestimate the number of budget laptops/embedded products. Furthermore a security update is the least Intel could do to resolve this issue, you can't let a loopehole like this go unnoticed without the general public starting to blame Intel for not doing a security patch.
Any "exploit" that requires physical access is of low to no consequence to most people as whatever device the CPU was in is likely already stolen at that point and unless you were running FDE on all media that may have been with it, all of your unencrypted data is fair game.

TRENDING THREADS