Intel Makes a... High Tech Vending Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The point of vending machines is to get your drink or item as quick and convenient as possible without stopping to read information in front of it. This will just be a novelty and pollute our minds and our environment.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
If only it vends all sorts of components, enough to build a PC, and a variety of each... Kinda like a New egg vending machine. In doing so it probably will be too big to get stolen, just as long as its built like a tank.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]BrentonMcGhee[/nom]but what will it be vending?[/citation]

Intel hardware? If the packaging was good enough, I could see Newegg vending machines.

*nerdgasm*

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
What it vends will be irrelevant. The information it harvests from the built-in camera is worth far more than the sales it will make. Maybe we'll have to start wearing masks when we want to buy a candy bar. Privacy concerns, don't you know.

G

Whoever got paid to translate this to english should be fired.

shreeharsha

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Perhaps the most startling feature of this machine is that it features a built-in camera that interfaces with facial recognition software that's able to determine the approximate age and sex of the buyer

but might not be intelligent enough to differentiate between a kid & a dwarf, or will detect a thin female as male....

P.S., AMD might come with a more powerful (with Dual Phenom II X6 processor) vending machine concept, with a electronic cap connected to it (to be on user's head), which can sense users mind without even touching any screen, & displays required information.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
is it just me or does toms have a news story for every single thing intel does? I mean they cant even flinch without toms putting up one of these articles about it.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]AMDnoob[/nom]will they make an extreme edition that allows you to tweak how hard it throws the item at you?[/citation]

Yep, I just died laughing. Good times, good times.

randomizer

Champion

Maybe AMD should look at presenting something interesting at Computex.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
At my last work place we had this vending machine with a big touch screen that had a game where you were to pick a square on a grid and possibly win something. I was infamous because I won the grand prize $500 right after I started working there, to the dismay of previous employees that were trying for years.

This machine was running linux and had a fingerprint reader so that you could store money into an account. It also had headlines of breaking news and what not. I remember one day having a conversation with some co-workers about how, ehem, facinating one of the ice cream advertisements was. Think, Magnums from the UK.

G

I bet some engineer got his money eaten, and VOWED NEVER AGAIN!

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
hmm... seeing this at a shop would be interesting, wonder if you would get served faster if it was overclocked... wonder what would happen if it BSOD??

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I'd rather see what I am buying. What if it is bad or opened?

And the camera ought to be able to catch the people that beat the machine when it doesn't vend properly.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Vandalism shouldn't result in lost merchandise though. The actual items will probably be in a steel cage since it doesn't need to be on display. Plus this will probably replace the machines they currently have in places like Macy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.