[SOLVED] Intel Management Engine firmware cannot be flashed onto Motherboard Bios

May 10, 2020
Hi all,

I am having issue trying to get my motherboard Bios flashed with the Intel Management Engine firmware. It does not apply the firmware when I flashed it. Without it, my computer keeps shutting down at the 30 minute mark. Is my Motherboard busted?? Am able to do anything? I am using an ASUS Z87-Pro (V edition).

Throughout these few weeks, I have done everything I could to find out what was causing this 30 minute shutdown from hardware testing to reinstalling OS multiple times. The result was that it Was the Intel Management Engine.

Solution
You need ch341a programmer to flash the me region, i can help you fix the region if you give the full file here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-24-...274142?hash=item3b46d28c9e:g:gO0AAOSw9tFetYhG

Its either:
  1. corrupted me region (easy fix with programmer)
  2. manufactor added it for unsupported processors (can be fixed by partially disabling the me region, programmer also needed for this)
  3. unsupported cpu by the PCH (cannot be fixed)
First try another processor if that wont fix it get the programmer, install software and read the Bios chip.

You can also try disabling intel management engine in device manager (probably wont help) or upgrading ...
May 10, 2020
MEI_V11.0.0.1155_20150709_WHQL_1.5M

Management Engine is a driver installed in Windows not flashed in BIOS.
But the firmware needs to be in the bios, I understand that the driver is the one in the device manager..

The firmware needs to be there before the driver can be installed onto the device otherwise it doesn't show up in the device manager. If you read up the thing about about the Intel manager engine shutting down 30 mins after bootup security thing, you will understand.

popatim

Titan
And considering that Asus hasn't updated that bios in 5 and 1/2 years I don't think we can help you aside from telling you to look for a modified bios to install, which just isn't a safe thing to do, and which is why we don't recommend it.

You need ch341a programmer to flash the me region, i can help you fix the region if you give the full file here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-24-...274142?hash=item3b46d28c9e:g:gO0AAOSw9tFetYhG

Its either:
  1. corrupted me region (easy fix with programmer)
  2. manufactor added it for unsupported processors (can be fixed by partially disabling the me region, programmer also needed for this)
  3. unsupported cpu by the PCH (cannot be fixed)
First try another processor if that wont fix it get the programmer, install software and read the Bios chip.

You can also try disabling intel management engine in device manager (probably wont help) or upgrading , trying different versions of Intel management engine (again probably wont help), if it doesnt let you install open device manager and update it manually there by 2nd click on intel management engine and update driver manually then scroll to the extracted file you downloaded (the intel management driver you just downloaded and extracted), use the root directory

Last edited:
Solution