Intel Matrix Storage Manager problems

vergil777

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem installing the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I remember monkeysweat and JohnnyLucky suggested that I do so, but when I try to install it, I get a message that states my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I find that odd, since I have a decent system. =S

Any way to fix this without reinstalling Windows or anything drastic like that?

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
bios needs to be in AHCI or RAID mode for those drivers to install.

If the install was done in IDE then you would need to do the IDE to AHCI reg hack and then change the bios accordingly on the reboot. Be sure to back up any data though as it's not 100% guaranteed everytime.

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
those drives can only be in different sata modes when connected to 2 different chips. Could post an AS SSD benchmark screen(don't need to run it though/just open and printscreen it) for us to see the config you have going on there for the Intel chip. I would look at both drives to see what mode, driver, and alignments are present.

In fact.. you may not even have the m4 ON the Intel chipset(which would be bad). It could be that you are on running those drives on 2 differing chips and the HDD is running in IDE mode on the Intel chip thereby not allowing the IMSM driver to install.

Need to look up your manual to see where your drives are connected first.

vergil777

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I have the m4 connected to the SATA 6/0 port, and the HDD connected to the SATA 6/1 port. I'm fairly certain they're not the Marvel ones.

Here's what I've got for the AS SSD:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/asssdbenchmark.png/

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
LOL.. should have asked for your board's specs to begin with.

You cannot install the IMSM(which is for the older Intel series chipsets) onto that system.

You need the Intel RST 10 series drivers(which you apparently already have installed) for that board. Go to the Intel site and DL the latest RST.exe file and run it to overwrite the existing driver and also include the raid mgr app in the process.

vergil777

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I went ahead and downloaded the RST.exe dated to around the beginning of this past June. Do I need to do anything else, or is it fine as-is after installation? Two more questions:

1. I'm looking for the RAID manager app, but I can't seem to find it.
2. Should I be concerned that my SSD is now simply called "Disk Drive" in the Device Manager?