Intel May be Working on an Internet TV Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Wake me up when all of these companies decided to pool their heads together and develop one provider that's actually worth while...

G

bah Intel dont care about content control....... out goes HDMI in comes thunderbolt/lightpeak

[citation][nom]sporkimus[/nom]Wake me up when all of these companies decided to pool their heads together and develop one provider that's actually worth while...[/citation]
Keep sleeping, buddy, you got plenty of time...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I don't like this at all. I'm afraid that networks and content providers will team with chips/devices manufacturers and restrict access to their user base. In this case, you'd have to buy an Intel-enabled device in order to watch something you like. I understand that competition forces companies to fight on different fronts, but in the end it always mean less choice for the consumer. These practices are holding back innovation.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Cable TV is completely useless these days. If I ever going to watch TV, it's going to be Netflix or similar type of service. I hope those monopolistic companies such as bell and videotron, here in Canada, would go bankrupt soon, so we can get more competition, or more choices.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I would like to see services where you can choose the program or the channels you want to watch when you want to watch it. I am not interested in a setup where you have to buy a package of channels you dont like just to get one or two channels you might actually watch. No more stupid packages!

Most of what is on TV, I would not watch. So why pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.