News Intel May Introduce Revamped Stock Coolers For 12th Gen Alder Lake CPUs

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Considering the real power consumption, these are going to have to be really performing cooling solutions.

I don’t typically do air unless I live in a hot place or the system is in a hot room, but those 6 core12 thread systems are like the sun.

Considering the real power consumption, these are going to have to be really performing cooling solutions.

I don’t typically do air unless I live in a hot place or the system is in a hot room, but those 6 core12 thread systems are like the sun.
Never mind the fact that intel has stopped bundling coolers with K CPUs years ago.

Which one of these 6 numbers would you consider "the real power draw" for somebody that just buys a prebuild or builds their own system for everyday use?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-11700k-cpu-review/2
48MzWeH.jpg

Reactions: Krotow

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019

Intel doesn't include coolers with any of their k sku's. You don't need a crazy cooler for the non k sku's since the power consumption really only goes nuclear for sustained periods when you remove the limits and overclock.