News Intel, Microsoft Team Up to Combat Cryptojacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Crypto mining is the devil.

This is so AMDIST.... Why should only Intel get this benefit. I know it is using a security feature, but to my ears it is saying that Intel is more protected than AMD and that Windows security is useless to this threat when using an AMD based system.

Bad Microsoft, Bad Intel.

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
Bad Microsoft, Bad Intel.
My impression is that it was Intel who had initiated the work and then asked Microsoft to go along with implement it in Windows Defender.

If AMD would develop something similar and present it to Microsoft, I am certain that Microsoft would want to incorporate that into Defender as well.

Reactions: Why_Me

rtoaht

Reputable
Jun 5, 2020
My impression is that it was Intel who had initiated the work and then asked Microsoft to go along with implement it in Windows Defender.

If AMD would develop something similar and present it to Microsoft, I am certain that Microsoft would want to incorporate that into Defender as well.

Why so salty? It sounds like a great feature to have.

rtoaht

Reputable
Jun 5, 2020
Why should only Intel get this benefit.

Umm. I believe the millions of customers who would buy their product will also get the benefit. If you are not planning to be an Intel customer but want the feature ask your favorite CPU vendor to implement it in their hardware.

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012

AMD has got something similar, but as with SSEA 3DNow! and other AMD tech, Microsoft just beds up with its best mal practice partnertwo of the most litigated companies in the world , in a marriage of corruption.

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Umm. I believe the millions of customers who would buy their product will also get the benefit. If you are not planning to be an Intel customer but want the feature ask your favorite CPU vendor to implement it in their hardware.
Benefit? Like what? I am going to ask you a serious question. Do you think that windows needs to be as Big as it is to perform the function it performs. And what is this extra software doing?

Compare it to Linus, that has smoother operation, better drivers when done Open source, smaller file size, and less crashes.... All with the same functionality and 1/5 of the size.

When two companies like this get together they often conspire.

Safety was not a concern for intel when it first found out about Specter etc, they sat on it for ages. Intel also gave FBI a back door code to its processor using level 0 code, and Microsoft, lets just say they have deliberately buggy code. there is no way with all the coders and proof reading coders, that it could be any other way, but Bugs keep coming out that are easy for Crackers to exploit, and its always the same type of vulnerabilities, the type that Intel and Microsoft were supposed to have fixed (but obviously haven't).

To be honest, if there isnt a patch or update that the antivirus companies can't come out that can shut down suspicious heavy resource using tasks, then they are useless and not worth their money. This is more gimmicks and nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS