[SOLVED] intel newer i5 chips

Solution
hyperthreading was simply one source of the many vulnerabilities found last couple years.

meltdown/spectre etc are not a hyperthreading issue but rather an architecture issue shared by ALL recent chips. since hyperthreading has never been part of the i5 line-up, i doubt it will be anytime soon.

perhaps down the line when the 6 core is now the i3 range, then maybe it can get it back but i don't see an i5 anything with HT in the near future.
Nov 6, 2018
Are non hyperthreaded procs unaffected by this security issue?
I already have 2x8 2666mhz rams which i think is not enough for amd ryzens and would like to avoid spending extra on another ram kit, maybe i will stick with a 6c 6t proc like a 9400f, i only do gaming and sone office apps not doing any rendering or streams. Thanks.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
hyperthreading was simply one source of the many vulnerabilities found last couple years.

meltdown/spectre etc are not a hyperthreading issue but rather an architecture issue shared by ALL recent chips. since hyperthreading has never been part of the i5 line-up, i doubt it will be anytime soon.

perhaps down the line when the 6 core is now the i3 range, then maybe it can get it back but i don't see an i5 anything with HT in the near future.

Solution