Intel: Notebooks, Tablets Eradicated in a Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
in 10 years we will have implanted computers that connects to the collective (cloud/ borg?)
Or am i just making up cra p like this guy

G

Cloud is the way forward but I don't believe touchscreen or augmented reality is going to be a game changer in the most part.

Work out how I can more easily edit and format a spreadsheet without a keyboard and mouse and you will make millions

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... Intel Will Be Eradicated in a Decade ...
1) No powerful GPU with DX11, OpenCL support...
2) Apple is looking to shift laptop CPU's to ARM...
3) M$ Windows 8 will be ARM compatible...
4) AMD will work with ARM on OpaenCL...
5) nVidia haz TEGRA...

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Whatever we will be using I will need large, crisp displays where I can look at 10 things at once.
I'm hoping for images beamed directly to our eyeballs by tiny lasers and controlled by virtual controls and subvocalization.
Still I'm predicting that this mobile craze is just a fad and that people will have less and less reason to be mobile. After all there's nothing for you out there except humiliation and defeat, better stay in the basement where it's safe.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Cloud is their way of making everyone pay a monthly service fee to use your computer. The FEDS (sieg heil) love it too, they can easily see what you have stored away.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... Intel Will Be Eradicated in a Decade ...1) No powerful GPU with DX11, OpenCL support...2) Apple is looking to shift laptop CPU's to ARM...3) M$ Windows 8 will be ARM compatible...4) AMD will work with ARM on OpaenCL...5) nVidia haz TEGRA...[/citation]

lol thanks for that! I needed a good joke to get me going this morning.

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
+1 to ReggieRay. Mobile rates are so high now I see dark cloud forming in the future where I'm shaken down by a few internet providers every time I want a little data. Paying for data by the MB isn't going to cut it.

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Can you please start blurring the line between servers and PCs a bit more, too.
We need cheaper 8-slot boards so that games can actually increase their scale and unit-counts instead of just their graphics.

No we won't be moving to some "cloud" for data storage, that would be a very very bad thing for both privacy and freedom in general. When groups like Lulzsec run around playing cops and robbers with companies, that demonstrates what the world is ~really~ like. Just like IPv6 the "cloud" concept is based on a flawed utopian world idea that doesn't take into account very determined bad guys who want to screw with you, "just for the lulz".

xahydra

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Yeah, the "cloud" is a trendy way to have everyone willingly give up their stuff and then pay to access it! No thanks.

xahydra

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Yeah, the "cloud" is a trendy way to have everyone willingly give up their stuff and then pay to access it! No thanks.

xahydra

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

"Graphics performance on mobile chips alone is expected to rise by a factor of 12 by 2015 – just look at what Intel has achieved with its second generation Sandy Bridge processors."

Yeah look what Intel achieved, mediocre graphics that are already sunk by AMD's new A8 apu's.

G

Cloud computing is not going to happen as it is unlikely to break the laws of human greed. The biggest bottleneck of them all, your ISPs. They are going to impose bandwidth cap, throttling, and high price to make all cloud computing slow and intolerable. Until all ISPs are run by governments and provided to public using tax money, like road, there is no chance cloud computing is going to be a common consumer's service.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Stopped reading at the mention of "the cloud".

Clouds on the sky are nice, hell even rainbows!

But my data/games/etc... will remain on hard drives no matter what "cloud" they are smoking.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"Intel is already gearing up for this change, he said. In fact, the industry will see major advances in processor technology within the next five years. Graphics performance on mobile chips alone is expected to rise by a factor of 12 by 2015 – just look at what Intel has achieved with its second generation Sandy Bridge processors."

Yeah right... like it was pounded in smithereens by A8-3850...

therealcold187

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
LOL Intel walks all over AMD processors and by AMD having a faster graphics on there processors doesn't mean nothing as any real gamer is going to have a graphic card Period. No cpu with grapics on it is going to replace graphic cards anytime soon and when it does get there Intel will be able to step up there game. AMD and NVIDIA hasn't been around as long as Intel and doesn't have the R&D of Intel. Intel will alway be here as AMD and NVIDIA one day won't be here. People used to say how great 3dfx was and they started 1994 and was bought by NVIDIA because they were bankrupt in 2002. AMD is here just so Intel won't be a monopoly. If you go back threw the years Intel has bailed out AMD a couple of times. So saying Intel will be gone one day is the most Stupid and Idoit thing I've heard in my life. I usually don't post but a comment like that had to come from a teenager that doesn't know his facts. Only kids and people that don't want to spend alot of money buy AMD these days. Pro use INTEL and expecially when it comes to the server world I look over 200 servers and the only servers that ever break on me are the AMD pieces of shits. All the servers are made by IBM so they are not thrown together black box servers. AMD has taken up to much of my time and the company to were we will never by another AMD server period.

Status
Not open for further replies.