[SOLVED] Intel/Nvidia better than buggy ryzen/radeon

Sep 7, 2020
Actually, I own a computer with the following specifications:

Ryzen 5 3600
B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
GIGABYTE RX 5600 XT GAMING OC REV 1
AORUS RAM 3600MHZ CL18
AORUS 750W PSU GOLD

In one way or another, I will make the change due to the many problems I have encountered
To be honest, performance against the price, but not stable, I decided to change
I will change the processor, board, and graphics card
Save the rest of the pieces for the next build

Someone suggested that I buy 10600 non k with b460 aorus with 1660 super until rtx 3060 release
But will there be a problem with the RAM frequency?
Especially since I have a Ram with a frequency of 3600
Are there better alternatives especially since I do not have a budget at the moment and I also save for RTX3000

Last edited:
Solution
add fans !
populate all slots available
3 on the front, 2 on top, 1 on rear.
PICTURE
also if you got the Mx330-X version, it has an air intake on the side. install a 200mm fan there.

if it's available in your area, check on amazon for "120mm fan 5 pack"
i bought packs of artic F-12 fans for a build and their are nice. Fluid dynamic bearings have a longer live than cheap sleeve bearings fans. especially in hot environments.

you can plug them to your mother board and control their speed in bios. i don't think your motherboard has enough fan pins, so you should buy a few splitters

at 32C ambiant temperature, it's hard to properly cool a gaming PC. even with watercooling you would need lots of radiators.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
So What is your advice?
As has been mentioned by others, try to resolve the problem.

All we know now is that it's unstable. We don't know what exact symptoms you're experiencing, we don't know what exact hardware you have (what brand and model of motherboard, what brand/model of RX 5600XT, and, particularly, what brand/model of PSU).

We don't know what tests you've done, what kind of instability you're experiencing.

We need more information.

Sep 7, 2020
Need to know problem in order to offer advice.
On the first day I turned on the computer, I encountered the black screen problem, but in one way or another it may be few, but it is present, but it does not appear much
GPU fans It does not work properly when the card is pressed while playing. The temperature of the card rises and the fans spin less than 1100rpm
The fan's sound during its first start-up makes a ZZZ sound then disappear
Drop FPS
Stuttter ,Microstutter
1% Low , 0.1% Low not good so frametime not stable causing stutters
A crackling sound while playing, in headset and somewhere in case I don't know exactly where it comes from
Critical in eventviewer kernel-power 41 , Error WHEA-Logger 18

Sep 7, 2020
As has been mentioned by others, try to resolve the problem.

All we know now is that it's unstable. We don't know what exact symptoms you're experiencing, we don't know what exact hardware you have (what brand and model of motherboard, what brand/model of RX 5600XT, and, particularly, what brand/model of PSU).

We don't know what tests you've done, what kind of instability you're experiencing.

We need more information.
Sorry I updated
Ryzen 5 3600
B450 aorus pro wifi
5600 xt gigabyte gaming oc
aorus ram 3600mhz cl18
aorus psu 750w 80+ gold

On the first day I turned on the computer, I encountered the black screen problem, but in one way or another it may be few, but it is present, but it does not appear much
What GPU driver version are you using now? There were initial black screen issues with RX5000 series GPUs, but that's largely been fixed.
GPU fans It does not work properly when the card is pressed while playing. The temperature of the card rises and the fans spin less than 1100rpm
Are you using any 3rd party GPU tweaking software? MSI Afterburner, Gigabyte Aorus Engine (since it looks like this build is ALL Aorus), etc? Or are you just using AMD Settings/Wattman. Have you done any adjustments to fan curves, or is everything still on auto? What is the GPU temp when the fans are at 1100rpm?
The fan's sound during its first start-up makes a ZZZ sound then disappear
This could be a number of things. Maybe not even the GPU or fans.
Drop FPS
Stuttter ,Microstutter
1% Low , 0.1% Low not good so frametime not stable causing stutters
How are you measuring these 1% and 0.1% lows? Do you have a variable refresh rate monitor? Is FreeSync enabled? Are your findings in excess of what is to be expected (no GPU has a perfect frame time delivery). Many other factors.
A crackling sound while playing, in headset and somewhere in case I don't know exactly where it comes from
The crackling sound is coming from the case AND it gets transmitted through your headphones? Please elaborate on "crackling". Is it an electrical arc type of crackling?
Critical in eventviewer kernel-power 41 , Error WHEA-Logger 18
This could be a number of things. Have you done any tweaking in the BIOS? If not, my next suspect is always a faulty stick of RAM. Have you ever had a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crash?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
One issue I ran into is that my CPU/MB combo did not like playing nice with my RAM at its rated speed, and I had to manually choose a slightly slower speed (in my case, it was rated at 3200MHz RAM, and I had to bring it down to 3066).

A good idea might be to try memtest86 (not memtest86+). Download the free version and make a bootable USB stick. Then try to run the tests - it will make 4 full passes for each of the tests. This is going to take a LONG time.

If it gives you any errors, you can stop the test, then go into the BIOS and step the RAM speed down somewhat. Or, you might try running it at its base speed on the second test if the first test fails on anything. If it can't run base speed, that would suggest a RAM problem.

Sep 7, 2020
Are you on latest BIOS and drivers? What is the RAM? A single module or a pair? Are they installed in the correct slots and running in dual channel mode? What cooler are you running? What are your CPU and GPU temps under load?
Yes latest bios F51, dual channel correct ones of course ( free - RAM - free - RAM )
HYPER 212 EVO, UNDER FULL LOAD CPU GOES TO 85~90 CINEBENCH20 ,PRIME95 AND AIDA64
GPU WITH HEAVY DEMANDING GPU GAMES 75 GPU TEMP , 90 MEMORY GPU TEMP

Sep 7, 2020
What GPU driver version are you using now? There were initial black screen issues with RX5000 series GPUs, but that's largely been fixed.

20.8.3 , Yes it's fixed but usually happend, but its happend

Are you using any 3rd party GPU tweaking software? MSI Afterburner, Gigabyte Aorus Engine (since it looks like this build is ALL Aorus), etc? Or are you just using AMD Settings/Wattman. Have you done any adjustments to fan curves, or is everything still on auto? What is the GPU temp when the fans are at 1100rpm?

nope, everything auto I just monitor with rtss, I didn't installed aorus engine, and I don't use wattman
when gpu is getting very hot

This could be a number of things. Maybe not even the GPU or fans.

How are you measuring these 1% and 0.1% lows? Do you have a variable refresh rate monitor? Is FreeSync enabled? Are your findings in excess of what is to be expected (no GPU has a perfect frame time delivery). Many other factors.

With RTSS 7.3.0 BETA VERSION which they add a cool overlay without msi afterburner
Yes I have acer kg241 144hz freesync, monitor it self does not have freesync option in osd menu but amd software say its free sync and its working during amd software

Other 5600 xt factors doing great specially sapphire one

The crackling sound is coming from the case AND it gets transmitted through your headphones? Please elaborate on "crackling". Is it an electrical arc type of crackling?

Yes ,its through my headphone
No, its not an electrical arc type of crackling , I can't describe it but something like an old hard sound when turned on but it happens periodically

This could be a number of things. Have you done any tweaking in the BIOS? If not, my next suspect is always a faulty stick of RAM. Have you ever had a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crash?
I already did memtest86 test for ram 4/4 with no errors, I faced video_tdr_failure

The cpu cooler is more than adequate for the 3600. How much thermal paste was applied? Is it seated properly? You should not see 85C-90C if it is installed properly.

GPU fans initially rev the fans high when first powered on, this is normal.

Can you run a free gpu test called FurMark. It report the maximum gpu temps.

Sep 7, 2020
What pc case do you have? The 76C is not bad but a bit warmer than some reviews for that gpu. If you run FurMark 3 time in a row what is the max temp?

The cpu temperature is still an issue. Did you build this pc yourself?
I have cougar mx330 but I opened side window
Memory temp is too much high.
CPU temp should be maximum in gaming 70 but its spike between 65 - 70 - 75 - 80
Yes I build this by myself