Review Intel Optane Memory H20 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Running Optane and Flash in Harmony

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
seriously confused at why anyone, especially Intel, is releasing new PCIe gen 3 products still. They've been years behind AMD and PCIe gen 4, and are even saying they are releasing PCIe gen 5 later this year. All of which are backwards compatible, so the excuse of a lot of people still have PCIe gen 3 doesn't cut it.
I was going to add, "especially with AMD's market share skyrocketing", but I'm not so sure if that's the case any more. AMD has suffered the stock issue while Intel's new CPUs haven't as much. Even myself, I was waiting months to try to get an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, but could never find stock. What I did find last month was an Intel Core i9 11900k. "A bird in the hand..." and all that crap.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Hi, I have 16 GB intel optane memory. Is there a way I can use it for my Ryzen 5?

There's no easy answer for this: It can work, but it depends on the motherboard support for it, you'd have to check the QVL the manufacturer has (hopefully they do) to check which one has support for it. It's also highly dependent on the Optane product.

For example, Asrock has a QVL but you're going to have to hunt around with product numbers. This one works: MEMPEK1W032GA

QVL URL: https://asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Pro4/index.asp#Storage