Question Intel Optane No compatible Disk

Mar 20, 2019
Okay, so I recently upgraded to an Intel Optane 16gb for my boot drive to accelerate faster but unfortunately it's not working properly for my system. I basically did everything, Set CSM to Disabled. Converted to RST Controlled and what not and everything and no matter what I do it doesn't work . . . . Someone please help.

Asus Z370-E with i7-9700K
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Nvidia RTX 2070 FE

Did you installed the Optane driver and software?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and reset BIOS to default settings.
Download the Optane drivers with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) software from Intel website.
Install the software as administrator and reboot.
After the system restarts, the Intel Optane Memory software open, click Next to continue with the installation and setup.
Click the Enable button when the Optane Memory is listed.
Select Erase all data on Intel Optane...then click Continue.
Wait for the device to be configure and you may be asked to rebbot.
When the system restarts the Optane should be working.

It's that easy, if all step to enable Optane memory are followed
CSM set to disabled, then enable Intel RST Premium and enable PCH RAID for the Optane memory, Windows must be install as a UEFI OS and there should be only the disk where Windows is installed connected to the motherboard.

Could you be more specific and provide at what point or step it did not go as expected.
-Make sure SATA Mode selection in the BIOS is set to Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration.
-Also check that CSM is set to Disabled

To avoid issues, during configuration, there should be a SATA disk and the Optane memory only.
On that motherboard I have installed Optane to the M.2_1 slot.

Last edited: