smichak.uv

Commendable
Jul 30, 2018
MB: MSI Z370-A PRO
RAM: DDR4 32GB
SSD: Samsung EVO 960
HDD: Two 1TB in RAID0
GFX: GeForce 1080 Ti

My goal is to improve the load times of games. I would like to speed things up (mostly load times) for games by using Intel Optane technology. Normally, I'd go for the Optane Memory 16/32GB modules but those require an extra M.2 slot on the MB and I only have one for my SSD. I was thinking of getting the INTEL® OPTANE™ SSD 900P (https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...tane-ssd-900p-series/900p-280gb-aic-20nm.html) and use it for storing the one game I am currently playing. My questions are:

1. Is this component supported by my MB? I understand it's a normal PCI-E x4 card. Am I wrong? Will it degrade the performance of the graphcis card?

2. Is there an way to migrate games from the RAID0 disks to the Optane SSD and vice-versa in a transparent or non-transparent way?

3. Am I expected to see a major improvement in load times? I do get the feeling that for most games the bottleneck in load times is the storage as the HDD shows 100% usage in the MSI Afterburner OSD...

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to just deal with a regular SATA based SSD like the 860 Evo or anything in the 2.5" form factor. You should also be warned that if and when a RAID0 array gets corrupt(or a drive out of the two fails) you're going to loose all data.

smichak.uv

Commendable
Jul 30, 2018
You might want to just deal with a regular SATA based SSD like the 860 Evo or anything in the 2.5" form factor. You should also be warned that if and when a RAID0 array gets corrupt(or a drive out of the two fails) you're going to loose all data.

Why? Won't the Optane SSD be much better than a regular SSD?