Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone. I want to build a new PC and I have a budget. I am a 3D artist by profession. I don't need high specs, mid range will do good. I am aiming for RTX 3060 Ti when prices come normal. I have doubt in intel i5 10400f and Ryzen 5 3600 . I have seen the benchmarks, they say that in gaming 10400f would be a good choice and for productivity ryzen would be a better choice. I am confused as I do both these things. I have checked the prices, ryzen is 5000 INR ( around 70 dollars) more expensive than i5.
My question is. in rendering and productive outputs, is this 70 dollar difference in price is worth it?
Is the overall processing power in ryzen 5 3600 and spending more money to buy it will give more future proofing than i5 10400f ?

I am confused right now.
Thanks

I have checked the prices, ryzen is 5000 INR ( around 70 dollars) more expensive than i5.
My question is. in rendering and productive outputs, is this 70 dollar difference in price is worth it?
Well only YOU can tell if it is worth it for YOU.
If you do a lot of rendering the ryzen will save you a lot of time, if you leave all your rendering to run over night then the saved time won't make any difference to you.
It all depends on how you use your system.

Both CPUs are previous generations and "future proof" depends on how fast YOUR demands on hardware change.

Reactions: marshal_Oga

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're going to get a lot more constructive feedback if you stylize your post like this thread. As for your options, they can be either, provided you can narrow down the sort of app's you want to tax he system with. I would also suggest that you look at the 11th Gen, not the 10th. In India, do you have access to 5000 series Ryzen processors?

Reactions: marshal_Oga