Intel p7350 upgrade

josephcase

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hello, can I upgrade a HP DV5 1183cl with a Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P7350 processor to a Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P9600 WITHOUT major complications ie can it be a plug and play option?

The problem with laptops is that there is a lot of things that you have to worry about that are not nearly as important. In your case going from a processor that has a 25w TDP (Thermal Design Power, or the amount of cooling that it needs) to a 35w TDP processor. Checking a couple things out I would think that you can check out the processor without a major complications and that it should be a simple matter of replacing the old processor but when it comes to laptops there is always some questions. So be careful or better yet get a professional to do it for you.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

josephcase

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I double checked the TDW and did Intel's side by side comparison to include sockets and pins, if you could further advise on the following specs with the supplied link that would be a huge help
http://ark.intel.com/compare/37266,36750

I'm thinking it's the same family so it should work it's just the smallest of things I'm concerned is the .012V - .062V difference. The P9600 operates a broader range low and high end which is the previous stated numbers compared to the P7350