Intel Partners with Samsung for Cheaper 4K Monitors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan

Are you continuously shaking the window edge/corner while resizing long enough for CPU usage to update a few times? Almost any window I pick maxes out a core even when I keep the window within my 1200p main display. The only exception I have found among stuff I tried this on was Chrome which only used around 12%... and Acrobat which goes up to 40%.

Okay, I see what you mean. I wasn't doing it long enough to really notice, plus my CPU had Hyperthreading enabled which produces INCORRECT averages as it assumes each of my eight threads is a full core. If I disable HT so I effectively have an i5-4670K, AND also move the folder around longer my 15% spike is a constant 30%.

I'd imagine that Microsoft will eventually rewrite this code to run mainly on the GPU.

InvalidError

Titan

The basic Windows UI needs to work even if there is no GPU installed since it still needs to be able to display the UI on a generic VGA adapter or remote desktop.

The way the "classic UI" does everything through message pumps probably does not help with efficiency either.

Just wiggling my mouse pointer between a couple of files to make the highlight move around can use over 6% of my i5.

These are the sort of performance details most people will not notice until they look for them... ridiculously inefficient but under normal circumstances, people are not affected long enough to notice/care.

tomekkplk1

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I hate this game. Got it for the PS4.

Every time I say I hate it I want to play it. It's one of those weird games where you can be kicking ass and enjoying everything then you don't like it when not playing. First day All I could think of was the shitty radio stations and how it's identical to GTA:V but had more fun playing GTA:V so I thouglt I wasted $60 on nothing, but this game is a crap load more then what you think.

Very clever and even adding the smallest details in the game that make it much more interesting and fun. Kudus Ubisoft, you made something I like as much as Rainbow Six: Vegas/Vegas2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS