Question INTEL PCI EXPRESS STANDARD ROOT PORT CODE 45

Mar 20, 2022
Hi, i have changed my Mediatek MT7921 Wlan card to the Intel AX210, however, the port where the card is has the code 45 in the device manager, and because of that my new wifi card is not detected and i can't access to the internet, also the drivers can't be installed either or i can't access to the card settings. Help please :(

Mar 20, 2022
can you post link to ax210 where you get it from and also lists your PC specs
Sure. https://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/ML...cking_id=486bd5a5-4aca-474e-816a-d00f59afca16

I have an ASUS TUF F15 FX506LI

Because of what I saw in the Internet of the People Who had the MediaTek card nd changed it to this model(Intel ax210) and because of what I saw saying the card was compatible I bought it. And now I Can't use it after I changed it.

The MT7921 and Intel AX210 have the same form and ports. And again because of what I saw it says its compatible. But if its not can you tell me. In that way I will know if I have to return it and check another model.

Mar 20, 2022
My guess would be it is still using the old driver and can't find the old card....because you changed it.

If possible try to remove all the wifi drivers and start again. You might also try to boot the machine without any wifi card maybe windows will clean things up.

That is something that makes a lot of sense, i will try to delete the old drivers and if that doesn't work i'm going to try booting without any card

Mar 20, 2022
My guess would be it is still using the old driver and can't find the old card....because you changed it.

If possible try to remove all the wifi drivers and start again. You might also try to boot the machine without any wifi card maybe windows will clean things up.
Hi, i changed my wlan card back to the mt7921 and it worked, the pci express standard root port #14 - 06b5 worked again and i proceeded ti uninstall the mt7921 drivers. I changed it to the Intel ax210 now and it just doesn't work, the port got disabled again :(. When i tried to get Windows to install automatically the Drivers, it installed the MediaTek cards :c

This is because windows is too helpful. The old days where you had to key in commands and edit files were sometime nicer because then you knew what is set.

Not sure I know some devices you used to install the driver before you put it in the machine. Not sure you can still do that.

Someplace windows is thinking that the wifi card is the mediatek rather than the intel. I would never let windows automatically do anything,espeically if it is going to load drivers off the internet. You always want to use the drivers you get yourself, in this case directly from the intel site. Window loves to put in generic drivers that break stuff, I almost had to reinstall windows one time when a update replaced my video driver and it would boot to a black screen.

Jan 30, 2023
Hi, i have changed my Mediatek MT7921 Wlan card to the Intel AX210, however, the port where the card is has the code 45 in the device manager, and because of that my new wifi card is not detected and i can't access to the internet, also the drivers can't be installed either or i can't access to the card settings. Help please :(
You ever got this resolved? I also have the same laptop and want to change it to Ax210 as well.