[SOLVED] Intel Pentium Gold compatible with AsRock z370 Killer SLI?

Jun 26, 2019
If you're referring to one of these:
View: https://imgur.com/a/r32vVOf

Then they are supported from BIOS 1.5 (which was released early 2018). So as long as the MB is 1.5 or above, you're good.
Someone told me that too but i can t find anywhere a sign of the version of the bios my mobo has in the manual nor the box itself? I know only for sure that it supports 8th gen CPUs but i don t have a clue on the bios version. Any way i can find out?

Jun 26, 2019
The reseller should be able to tell you.

Being as the 1.5 BIOS shipped early 2018, I would assume that a MB bought later would have a later BIOS (but there are no guarantees as MBs can sit on shelves for months.).

Assuming you are unable to boot it as is?
It's not that i can't boot but i need to buy a the cpu :))) and i want to buy a cheap one until i have enough for a 9700K or smth more powerful and i was wondering if it will work with itel pentium gold as it is one of the chepest that will still work enough to use the computer.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's not that i can't boot but i need to buy a the cpu :))) and i want to buy a cheap one until i have enough for a 9700K or smth more powerful and i was wondering if it will work with itel pentium gold as it is one of the chepest that will still work enough to use the computer.
Yes I understand that, but do you have a compatible CPU to boot it with currently? Because if so you can check the BIOS version in the BIOS itself or in your OS. Just clarifying that's all. If not, the reseller should be able to tell you.

Unless you can find something known good and/or preowned for $25-$30, one would be hesitant to blow $60-$70 of your 9700K budget on a Pentium with the 90-95% as fast 9400F being only $148... (granted, you'd possibly still need a compatible CPU to flash the BIOS to something 9th gen compatible)

If determined just to get it going, you can check for the lowest priced compatible 8th gen CPU on the CPU-support list...