Intel Pentium vs i7 Processor

Jan 6, 2019
I wonder what is the difference between these two processors.

1. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

2. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz

please tell me why this 3.00GHz is slower than 2.80GHz and how is this possible ?

Solution
Not huge performance issues as long as its a 7200Rpm drive. Most games were designed to run from an HDD. Most things will be fine, cut scenes may need a second to begin playing.

popatim

Titan
E8400 is Core2Duo at 3ghz on two cores. has not turbo or hyperthreading.

The i7 is newer architecture (Sandy Bridge) so it is able to do more work per clock cycle just from that (more efficient cores plus newer instruction sets...) but also has hyperthreading on its dual cores allowing it to fill unused processor threads to do even more work (shows up as 4 cores to the system), and then it can also turbo up to 3.5ghz speed. Lastly, it is not tied to the overall system bus in the way that the E8400 is (1333Mhz bus)

When the teacher gives you the Gold Star for the day, be sure to send it to me. LoL

Jan 6, 2019

lol. . Thanks, Another question, does HDD compatible with Intel i7 processor ? or will it cause performance issue ? because Im planning to switch from SSD to HDD which is my HDD has 1TB of storage while 400GB on SSD.

TRENDING THREADS