News Intel Preps Two 13th Gen Raptor Lake Black Edition CPUs

cyrusfox

Distinguished
at the right price, the 13790F could be a beast, wonder if it will keep all 8E cores (I imagine it will as even the 13600k has 8E cores). I am running a 13700k right now, I fail to see a reason/need to get a 13900, but maybe I will change my tune when price and supply come back to a place to tempt me. 16e cores sounds fun.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Unrelated, but I think Intel missed a real opportunity with the small die (6P + 0E) Alder Lake. They could've sold a version of those as Xeon E-series and enabled the AVX-512 support on them.

Since the Rocket Lake Xeon E-series launched, every Xeon-branded CPU has featured AVX-512. So, it would be a way for them to continue that segmentation, while providing an entry-level option for people who want AVX-512 at a lower price point than the Xeon W 2400-series.

Last edited:

Amdlova

Distinguished
Unrelated, but I think Intel missed a real opportunity with the small die (6P + 0E) Alder Lake. They could've sold a version of those as Xeon E-series and enabled the AVX-512 support on them. Since the Rocket Lake Xeon E-series launched, every Xeon-branded CPU has featured AVX-512. So, it would be a way for them to continue that segmentation, while providing an entry-level option for people who want AVX-512 at a lower price point than the Xeon W 2400-series.

I have dropped the need for new cpus when intel removes the avx512, why spend in new system if the intel removes the avx... for now avx2

MBOO7

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
If we are honest in terms of FHD or WQHD cpu gaming performance we already reached a point where it barely matters what cpu u are buying nowadays... this will be hard for Intel+AMD since people will nowadays even longer stay on their latest cpus. The potential jump in gaming performance would be neglectible.....
Even gpus already reached performance in FHD/WQHD where you wont need anything new for who knows how long (in case you dont care about RT).
Retention times will be nowadays even longer (the same already applies to smartphones according to Gardner)

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
this will be hard for Intel+AMD since people will nowadays even longer stay on their latest cpus.
Then it was a good move for AMD to buy Xilinx, since that gives them more traction in the embedded market, including things like the growing robotics market. More important is probably the datacenter market, where AMD is continuing to make inroads.

If AMD can get its act together with its GPUs and streamline its support of popular machine learning frameworks, that's another huge market that's virtually untapped by them. However, that's a big "if".

Apr 7, 2023
Not sure if anyone knows this but the i5-13500 still isn't available in China.
Intel is probably trying to maximize profit by pushing the i5-13490, however a large percentage of Chinese consumers are avoiding it due to it being only available in their market and have been choosing the 13400F instead. Hence the 13490 is now sold at or close to the same price as the 13400F.