Intel Q2 Earnings

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Thats right! Intel posted its Q2 numbers after the market closed today. While certainly down significantly from same quarter a year ago, still not too bad considering the steep price cuts!

July 19, 2006 – Intel Corporation today announced second-quarter revenue of $8 billion, operating income of $1.1 billion, net income of $885 million and earnings per share (EPS) of 15 cents.

Intel Q2 Earnings Announcement

mpjesse

Splendid
I think you'll find the lower earnings have more to do w/ a loss in market share than price cuts. We'll see when someone reports the 2nd Quarter market share results. Those numbers should come out next month.

Either way, their earnings and net income will probably make a reversal by Q4 or Q1 '07.

Just my two cents...

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
AMD fans should gloat now. I don't think Q3 will go well for them.
(I'm not being an Intel fanboy - I just don't see how AMD can cut prices like that at 90nm. - Anyone got any link/info on how much it costs AMD to make their chips?)

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
AMD posts tomorrow.

Should be interesting to see the difference.

The scary thing here is the action on AMD stock these last couple of months. You usually don't see a company report a great quarter when their stock price has been in free-fall all quarter.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I think you'll find the lower earnings have more to do w/ a loss in market share than price cuts. We'll see when someone reports the 2nd Quarter market share results. Those numbers should come out next month.

Either way, their earnings and net income will probably make a reversal by Q4 or Q1 '07.

Just my two cents...

InStat publishes those numbers.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
AMD posts tomorrow.

The scary thing here is the action on AMD stock these last couple of months. You usually don't see a company report a great quarter when their stock price has been in free-fall all quarter.

AMD has already given quarterly advice.

Up 52% from last year but down 9% from Q1. This has been attributed to the slow Q2 season.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
AMD posts tomorrow.

Indeed!

I think this price war will get bloody for both major players. Intel seems to be taking a position of buying back their market share at any cost. They have made some stunning product announcements, but it's their pricing strategy that is most damaging for AMD.

Intel has the financial muscle to play out this hand, I'm not so certain about
AMD. I'm a big fan of them and hope they can weather this storm. It'll be a tough fight!

mpjesse

Splendid
I should revise my statement. I think if Intel has a loss of revenue next quarter it can be attributed to price cuts. The price cuts for Q2 didn't really start until June.