Question Intel(R) 82579v Gigabit Network Connection problem

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
Hello everyone

So to make it simple. This morning i've upgrade my DH61CR Bios version 0038 to version 0099. Since then i've been unable to connect to the internet because of ''This device cannot start''(Code 10). It was still working fine when i've went from 0038 to 0048. But now nothing and i cannot seem to find the appropriate drivers for it either. Well if it is even a driver problem.

If anyone can help with my problem for this Intel 82579v Gigabit network connection it would be awesome.
PS: It's a NIC.

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
Ive installed them via their express setup on windows 10. Im not entirely sure if i had already converted my disk to gbt and uefi boot when i installed both 0048 and 0099. The reason i had upgraded the bios was to make my new msi rx570 finally work(it was showing no signal on screen) but now the rx570 work. But the ethernet doesnt lol. It show up in device manager with yellow triangle, there is green light when conncted but nothing else. Sorry for this message, im writting it from mobile.

Edit:It was the first time ever i had to upgrade bios though.

Last edited:

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
And after taking ages downloading an ubuntu iso and rufus on my mobile! i can (enter bad word) swear internet work on ubuntu! what the hell!

But it still doesnt fix my problem with windows 10 which i need lol.

EDIT: Nvm its my mobile with usb modem option that is giving internet to ubuntu. lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019
Welcome brother
He's got me the same as he got with you
When rebooting go to Device Manager and then the network adapter
I disable and then re-enable my Internet policy to you again ..
Is there a solution other than that please inform me and thank you

Nov 10, 2020
I found this thread while researching exactly the same problem. Intel DH61CR motherboard with old BIOS (0044) having no display with a new RX 570, despite being on UEFI boot etc.
Used express upgrade files to get to firmware 0048 then 0099 at which point the onboard ethernet stopped working!

After some searching I found the following page: https://kb.stonegroup.co.uk/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=267
They have link to zip file with the 3 BIOS files and text file with the following:
"IMPORTANT NOTE: Updating the system firmware is done so at your own risk. Incorrect use may render your system unusable and invalidate warranty.

Copy the following files to a bootable USB key.

BE0048.BIO
BE0099.BIO
BE0116.BIO

STEP 1:
Update system to 0048 using Express BIOS update.

To perform Express BIOS update, boot system as normal and during POST press F7.
On the following screen select the removable media where your BIOS is stored, navigate to the correct folder and choose the BIOS you wish to use.
Note: You may be prompted to allow or reject the BIOS update, choose to allow it with the relevant keystroke.
---------------------------------------------------------

STEP 2:
Update system to 0099 using Express BIOS update.

On the following screen select the removable media where your BIOS is stored, navigate to the correct folder and choose the BIOS you wish to use.
Note: You may be prompted to allow or reject the BIOS update, choose to allow it with the relevant keystroke.
---------------------------------------------------------

STEP 3:
Update system to 0116 using Express BIOS update.

If this fails then....

Update system to 0116 using recovery BIOS method.

To perform a recovery BIOS flash, copy the required BIOS file to the root of a USB key (NOTE: Please ensure only BIOS file you wish to use is in the root directory).
Turn off the target system, remove the yellow BIOS config jumper, plug the USB drive into one of the rear ports and then power on the system.
The standard Intel splash screen should appear after a few seconds and then the BIOS update process will begin.
Once BIOS update is complete and the system has rebooted and successfully completed POST, power off the system, refit the yellow BIOS config jumper.
---------------------------------------------------------"

We had to do the recovery BIOS method (as express upgrade file said incompatible legacy BIOS installed) by removing the jumper but it worked and the ethernet then worked again, and the RX 570 worked too.

While too late for the original posters I just wanted to put this out there in case it helps anyone else.

Best Regards,
Seb