Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the latest drivers for the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection The driver date that I have is 8/21/2013 the driver version I have is 12.10.28.0 I'm also having trouble Installing the drivers also. When I go to install what I think is the latest 2014 driver it gives me an option to modify or remove the old driver so I choose remove I don't restart the computer because it does not ask me too. So when I go to install the new drivers I get a message after saying that the driver was not sucessfully installed and there is a red x in the message. But I still have the 2013 drivers for the date shown above. So I do not know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have windows 7 64 bit Home premium.

Kinnyr90

Solution
hmmm what method of installer is it? is it a .exe?
Are you running it as administrator?

you might have better luck going in to device manager and trying to update the driver manually then pointing it to the .ini file if possible.

You might even find that the driver is available in the list of devices in device manager/via windows update.

This is intels download page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&ProductLine=Ethernet+Controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+82579+Gigabit+Ethernet+Controller

Urumiko

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
hmmm what method of installer is it? is it a .exe?
Are you running it as administrator?

you might have better luck going in to device manager and trying to update the driver manually then pointing it to the .ini file if possible.

You might even find that the driver is available in the list of devices in device manager/via windows update.

This is intels download page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&ProductLine=Ethernet+Controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+82579+Gigabit+Ethernet+Controller

Solution

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012

I went to gigabytes website right now and downloaded there drivers. Cause I have a gigabyte Board and I called them and they said that those drivers on there site work the best. That's why they have not been updated to more recent. Now I give them the benefit of the doubt but maybe it's because they have been discontinued and are not being included with any future motherboards. so there would be no drivers for them or and phone support for them or email support.

Thank you!

Kinnyr90

TRENDING THREADS