[SOLVED] Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Oct 4, 2020
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • 8gb RAM (i could upgrade it to 16gb if neccessary)
  • gaming @ 1920 x 1080
Can my processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz handle any type of graphics card? Or does it limit my choices of choosing a graphics card? What graphics card would be the best to maximize the performance of the GPU, without wasting anything from it? What's the "optimal" graphics card for my specific processor?

Last edited:
Solution
It will work with virtually every modern graphics card just fine, however as it is a lower end CPU it may be limiting your frame rate with a higher end GPU.

All of this would depend on resolution and settings played at and vary game to game.
What's the best graphics card out there that my processor and wallet can handle? I'm not going for the RTX series, just the best performing, cheapest GTX one.
the best performing is not going to be the cheapest one.

there is more to consider when deciding what level of card you're looking for;
what games may you be playing, if any? and what level of detail, resolution, and frame rates would you be looking to reach for now and in the future?
what else would you be looking to do with the system? video editing\encoding, mining, etc..?

and no one here knows what your wallet can handle.

shop around and see what cards you can find in your budget.
then come back and ask for recommendations based on what is actually available for you.

Oct 4, 2020

what games may you be playing, if any? and what level of detail, resolution, and frame rates would you be looking to reach for now and in the future?
what else would you be looking to do with the system? video editing\encoding, mining, etc..?

then come back and ask for recommendations based on what is actually available for you.
Sorry for my dumb post, my real concern is, can the mentioned processor handle any graphics card? Or is there a limit to what can I choose?

Oct 4, 2020

Thanks for your criticism, I already edited my post. Thank you for taking the time to reply

Can my processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz handle any type of graphics card? Or does it limit my choices of choosing a graphics card?
You can install all types of gpu, both the cheapest or the most expensive.
But it is recommended to adjust the gpu with the cpu you have so that there is no wasted performance.

GTX 1060 / 1650S or RX 580 / 5500XT will be good IMO.

It will work with virtually every modern graphics card just fine, however as it is a lower end CPU it may be limiting your frame rate with a higher end GPU.

All of this would depend on resolution and settings played at and vary game to game.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS