[SOLVED] Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz replacement

Dec 4, 2021
How can I find the right upgrade for a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz. Should I also replace the Motherboard? I have had Dell Desktop XPX 3800 since 2012. It has 12 g RAM and I have upgraded my hard drives. It uses Windows 10 Home. It seems to be having trouble rebooting. I wonder if it is in need of upgrade.

Solution
How can I find the right upgrade for a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz. Should I also replace the Motherboard? I have had Dell Desktop XPX 3800 since 2012. It has 12 g RAM and I have upgraded my hard drives. It uses Windows 10 Home. It seems to be having trouble rebooting. I wonder if it is in need of upgrade.
A meaningful upgrade is CPU/RAM/motherboard set. You will probably also have to reinstall your OS. Any current CPU will be a big upgrade.
Since the rest is Dell, and Dell uses many proprietary parts, I would probably only keep the hard drives. Add solid state storage if youdon't have any.

kanewolf

Titan
A meaningful upgrade is CPU/RAM/motherboard set. You will probably also have to reinstall your OS. Any current CPU will be a big upgrade.
Since the rest is Dell, and Dell uses many proprietary parts, I would probably only keep the hard drives. Add solid state storage if youdon't have any.

Solution