Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 + ASUS & Corsair Build

JDMTEC

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Hello to all Tom's Hardware followers!

I've included my PC specifications and I am hoping some of you are able to guide me in the right direction as I am wanting to make some modifications to my build.

Specs:

Chip | Intel Core i7-2700K CPU
Motherboard | ASUS P8Z68-V LX
HDD | Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (1TB) / Western Digital Caviar Green (2TB)
Graphics Card | ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 DCII TOP
Display | ASUS VE247H (x 2)
RAM | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
Power Supply | Corsair TX 750W High Performance Power Supply
Case | Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower
OS | Windows 7 Ultimate

Aim:

More RAM and would like recommendations for high-end Memory from Corsair.
Additional Screen (total of three) in an attempt to have the screens running on NVIDIA Surround. I am wanting to know (preferably from personal experience) if my current ASUS VE247H screens will be suitable for my goal.

Please feel free to comment or leave feedback (both positive and negative) and thank you all for your time to have a read!

Kind Regards,

JDMTEC™

nna2

Distinguished
high end ram? anything over 1333MHz is a waste, there is around 2% from 1333 to 1866

if your going to overclock, i would go with the 2600K and save a few dollars

2700k gtx560 pair? if your planning to game i would beef up the graphics :)

go with the 1TB, and SSD prices are about half of what they we're, so you may want to look into one

JDMTEC

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for the response :) This is currently how my computer is sitting so I've already bought it! I was definitely looking into buying another of the same Graphics Card to run it in SLI. Do you guys think that this card is 'good enough' and worth the money to buy another?

JDMTEC

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Yeah I definitely agree. To be honest, I'm unsure why I opted for the one I have! With a new M/B, how am I going to gain though. I should have noted that I want the most performance for the least money spent :)

Thanks!

JDMTEC

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Appreciate the comments :) So simply to clarify, will it be worth it simply to purchase another of the same GFX card that I currently have, without upgrading the Motherboard to the Sabertooth Z77? The only reason why I ask is because I've read that the gain from my current board to the Sabertooth is minimal.

Cheers in advance :)