Question Intel Rapid Storage Drivers Won’t Install on MSI GE66

Reviresco

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone! I just bought a brand new MSI GE66.

When I go to update the drivers it shows that there are 2 drives to be installed.
  1. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
  2. Intel Rapid Storage F6 Driver
They download as zipped files to my download folder, so I open them up to try and install them. When I run the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drive, the computer asks for permission, I grant it, then a box comes up that says the setup ended prematurely due to the following error: Platform not supported.
The F6 drive, I click the installation and it flash a quick box, then just disappears.
Is anyone familiar with this issue? Are these items that I really need to have installed? Any help would be great!
MSI GE66 Raider
Core i7-10750H
RAM 32GB
Storage 1TB
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
If any other info is needed please let me know. Thank you for the help!

Reviresco

RealBeast

Titan
Please do not make multiple posts.
The F6 driver is for the install F6 stop and has no use on an installed OS.
What do you want to do with the IRST? It really does't have any use on a laptop, and is rarely useful in other situations as it is outdated in many ways.

Reactions: Reviresco

Reviresco

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Please do not make multiple posts.
The F6 driver is for the install F6 stop and has no use on an installed OS.
What do you want to do with the IRST? It really does't have any use on a laptop, and is rarely useful in other situations as it is outdated in many ways.
My apologies for the multiple posts. I wasn’t sure if I had posted my question in the appropriate section.

I am unfamiliar with what IRST does to be honest. Any assistance in helping me understand what IRST does would be excellent. The drivers showed up in the MSI Dragon Center along with a bunch of other driver updates, but they were the only two that would not install because it says they are not supported. I assume now that I may not need theses specific drivers unless I am doing something specific that uses IRST. Basically the drivers are there if and when I need them.

RealBeast

Titan
My apologies for the multiple posts. I wasn’t sure if I had posted my question in the appropriate section.

I am unfamiliar with what IRST does to be honest. Any assistance in helping me understand what IRST does would be excellent. The drivers showed up in the MSI Dragon Center along with a bunch of other driver updates, but they were the only two that would not install because it says they are not supported. I assume now that I may not need theses specific drivers unless I am doing something specific that uses IRST. Basically the drivers are there if and when I need them.
You don't unless you want to create a RAID array using a motherboard using IRST (bad idea #1) or create an SSD cache up to 64GB for a HDD (bad idea #2). Just ignore them and all will be well.

Reactions: Reviresco