[SOLVED] Intel rapid storage window

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
How to stop INTEL RAPID STORAGE(ctrl.-I) upon bootup
I was trying to fix something in windows 10 pro bootup. Then after setting something to defaults i couldn't get it to bootup to windows10 , the computer kept wanting to repair itself. Well, finally i tried safe boot and it returned to normal only a new screen called Intel Rapid Storage shows up on boot up and the computer takes longer to get into windows homescreen. My question is if that new screen wasn't there to begin with what option or checkbox is there that will remove it?

Solution
Could you post your system model or system components.
What exactly were you trying to fix and what changes did you make to the boot process.
Depending on your configuration, you could open the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Console Software and change some performance settings.
After you are happy with the performance , you could uninstall the RST Software ( if you want) but the settings will remain.
What exactly were you trying to fix and what changes did you make to the boot process.
Depending on your configuration, you could open the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Console Software and change some performance settings.
After you are happy with the performance , you could uninstall the RST Software ( if you want) but the settings will remain.

Solution

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Like i said i reset bootup to defaults because a piece of hardware started malfunctioning. After that it wouldn't boot to windows10 homescreen.It wanted to repair computer. So i went over to safe boot and that worked but the Intel Rapid Storage screen shows up while booting and it didn't do that originally. So i would like to know hoe to disable that screen on bootup.

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I tried iRST with no change.
I have a dell optiplex 9010 with windows10 pro.

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I fiddled and fiddled like the fiddler on the roof (in bios setup) and finally fixed it.I was about to give up and take it to my computer shop but disabling RAID and then entered safe mode boot the Raid prompt window upon bootup disappeared..thanks.