Intel Releases Budget Friendly 330-Series SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even a week after I pick up a shiny new Samsung 830 and Intel decides to release less expensive SandForce drives with their own Firmware Special-Sauce.
Damn, wish I would have waited just a little longer before buying :(

G

@Area51, No, especially not with intel who heavily tests their stuff before it gets released.
@sonofliberty08, No, Intel. Intel doesn't rebrand stuff, they make their own.
As far as I know these series contain sandforce controllers, but intel NAND chips. If done well, this can really turn out amazing, but only time will tell if they did the right thing.

halcyon

Splendid
Doug wrote, "Intel Releases Budget Friendly 330-Series SSDs" ...I read, "Intel Releases Slower 330-Series SSDs". That's just the enthusiast in me speaking louder than the responsible adult.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Anything above $1 per GB it is NOT "budget friendly".
I recently bought and installed a 120GB SSD to a friend's computer for exactly $1 per GB, now that's more "budget friendly", yesterday there was a 240GB SSD on Newegg's daily deals for $200 (just under $1 per GB about .84 cents per GB)

Now THAT's more budget friendly.

oddioguy45

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]Anything above $1 per GB it is NOT "budget friendly".I recently bought and installed a 120GB SSD to a friend's computer for exactly $1 per GB, now that's more "budget friendly", yesterday there was a 240GB SSD on Newegg's daily deals for $200 (just under $1 per GB about .84 cents per GB)Now THAT's more budget friendly.[/citation]

A good deal on an SSD has more to it than just price per GB. Also this is a retail price not a sale price.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]Anything above $1 per GB it is NOT "budget friendly".I recently bought and installed a 120GB SSD to a friend's computer for exactly $1 per GB, now that's more "budget friendly", yesterday there was a 240GB SSD on Newegg's daily deals for $200 (just under $1 per GB about .84 cents per GB)Now THAT's more budget friendly.[/citation]

This is the MSRP. I'm sure deals will show up on these drives just like any other drives. And Intel has a good name is SSDs for a reason. So its not fair to compare them to inferior products.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Not even a week after I pick up a shiny new Samsung 830 and Intel decides to release less expensive SandForce drives with their own Firmware Special-Sauce.Damn, wish I would have waited just a little longer before buying[/citation]

Hehe; welcome to the wonderful world of electronics. If you wait just 'a little' longer your shiny new gadget is outperformed, outshined, outclassed etc. Oh, what a wonderful world we live in :)

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]for $150,inte 330 120gb sata iii drive is great but for $234,180gb is not a good deal because you can get a muskin enhanced chronos deluxe 240gb sata iii drive for just $230http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820226237sweet deal isn't it?[/citation]
not really. it uses a sandforce controller so even at 10$ it would be expensive.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]... own Firmware Special-Sauce.Damn, wish I would have waited just a little longer before buying[/citation]

one can always wait. but then you'll never enjoy what you have. but you did ok with the samsungs.

halcyon

Splendid
I think it depends on the budget. $1/GB may not be budget friendly to the under 30 crowd ...but that's not everyone.

Um.... what does under 30 have to to with it? yea. budget. like everything. overpaying for an SSD is what it is. there's no real need for them. buy memory, use sleep mode. if you're over paid and have money to burn sure. get one

halcyon

Splendid

A lot of under 30 folks are still working on their under grad or graduate degrees and may have less disposable income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS