Intel Reveals Its First Medfield Phone, the Lenovo K800

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanjustin98

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Nice a dedicated processor developing company is moving into phones. Technology efficiency seems to be getting better and better. Have to say that I'm excited about this new release.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Motorola Mobility signs deal with Intel, as Google is set to buy Motorola Mobility.

Sounds like a Google/Intel vs Apple/ARM battle in the works.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Also, while I understand the need to differentiate products that run the same OS, I really wish these companies would get the UI right. The STOCK Android launchers have a hard time with FCs. Every time I see a press release with "... will come with our [INSERT BRAND NAME] user interface" I groan and wince.

LeOS. Sounds fancy! LOL

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Lets wait for toms to publish their detail benchmarks comparing Tegra3 to Atom. I think the reason it will only sale in China is because it is still prototypy and they need a few year to improve the design. I always bet against Intel because their architecture is over-engineered for serial programs. In a multi-core world, a simple architecture coupled with good development tools that enable programmer to use every core is the strategy to follow. For this reason, Tegra3 is likely better performance/watt wise.

@thejerk. Google's Android is #1 and the vast majority of those phones run on ARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.